After being used for decades, metal braces continue to be one of the most popular orthodontic treatments. Braces consist of brackets, bands, and wires, which work together to guide teeth into their proper positions. We can help you decide if braces are right for you. Traditional braces offer many benefits, including:
• Affordability: conventional braces tend to be the least expensive orthodontic treatment.
• Versatility: braces can be used to correct virtually any type of malocclusion or misalignment.
• Strength: the metal of conventional braces is extremely strong and highly unlikely to break or become damaged.
• No risk of staining: ceramic and clear materials can become discolored when exposed to tobacco or certain foods or drinks, but metal stays the same color regardless of your diet and lifestyle habits.
• Treatment time: other types of braces can require longer treatment times, but metal brackets and wires tend to take less time to complete treatment.
Braces can be a great option for patients of all ages with many orthodontic issues, but they may not be the right choice for every patient or every situation. Talking to a dental professional can ensure you are making the best choice for your smile. Call your dentist today to learn more.